Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Any ideas on what to name my bird?

i just got a grey cockatiel it is still young but so far it has been really friendly compared to my sisters bird when she first got hers. it is small and cute but im stumped on a name. any ideas
Answers:
Male or female? I have a female named Calista and a male named Orion.
The normal greys are very sweet and friendly birds if you take good care of them.
arcamedies
just observe it and pick a name from its personality. They are pretty feisty birds so im sure it will do something worthy of a name.
Ki Ki Polly lol
allow the name to come , dont force it . Just take the time to get to know your bird , it character , etc . The Japanese have a saying , "Isshi no ue ni mo ,san nen" direct translation is "Stone on top of,three years"
To sit on a stone , and just watch for a period of time , then you see things clearly . The immediate appearance of things isnt general what actually is.
So when you watch the bird it will name itself , by what it does, and how it acts . and it will be a natural name that fits.
I named my cockateil Daisy. I got him as a baby and handfed him plus taught him to talk. When anyone entered the room, he used to say "Hello, Daidy doodles!" very clear and understandable. (He also said "Kitty did it" when loud noises startled him."
I don't know where the doodles came from, but I know Daisy was easy for him to pronounce.
Male= Cloud
Female= Chichi
Good Luck:)
I have to budgies name mojo a boy ane mimi a girl.. i had another girl but she only lived so long..
if i were to name your bird id name him/her
1.Bacardie
2.nelly
3.oscar
Chipper, Angel,Pete, Mindy
Chirpey or Hedwig. They're pretty names.
Ella or Bob,depending on its gender...lol
Speckles (Would be a cute name because of her color)
Smokey
Rocky
Gemini
Bam Bam (That's my favorote name!!)
Jazz
Pie(Seriously, like Cutie Pie..but just Pie!)
Birdie(I know it sounds weird but it's a nick name for bernice...I thought it was cute)
I gave some boy and girl names cause you didn't sya what gender. :)
Charlie :)
my first and beloved cockatiel was named Para. because i liked the name and the meaning(beyond). i will be calling my next one Axia. i find Prism a meaningful name for me too. choose a name that is most meaningful and something that woudn't bore you.
for your cockatiel i suggest Xuxrynn or Xanxiel.
This site has lots of options on names I hope this helps you if it does tell me what name you chose.
http://www.birdbytes.com/names.html...
Good luck!!
I think Spencer would be a great name.

No comments:

Post a Comment