Friday, July 31, 2009

Buying a bird from petsmart?

i'm going to get a couple of finches, does petsmart take care of them, is that an ok place to buy from?
Answers:
Absolutely! They do not sell any pets that are sick or unhealthy. I know, I used to work for them and I know they adopt out any animals that have a flaw as I adopted my canaries from them. (One is a little off balance and the other had a tiny speck on his nose. Both were vet checked by my vet and they paid for it before they let them go!) My mom also paid $600 for her Senegal from them and has never had a problem ;)
Petsmart is a wonderful place and they support so many charities which is a plus in my book!
Yes, its a good place to buy them at.
yes i love pets smart thats where i go for my dog
For a cheap bird like a finch. Anywhere is fine.
Imprisoning birds is wrong. Will you let them fly? If not, that's just wrong.

"so they can't escape"
why would they want to escape? Because they are unhappy being imprisoned. Birds fly and soar and dart through the sky as free as.well.a bird....how can you cage something like that? You can thumbs down me all you want. Imprisoning birds is wrong.
Petsmart does ok taking care of finches and canaries. It's the larger parrots that usually suffer. I think that buying a few finches from Petsmart would be fine.
It is fine, and I have found with any place that you get a bird from there might be health issues. As I have gotten my birds from a local pet store, a bird breeder, and Petsmart. And they all had issues that the vet had to deal with.
If you can have them checked out with a vet is all I can really say. As I would for ANY bird I have. As a good avian vet will point out care for you as well as catch any illness. Birds will hide that they are sick as they are prey. So when you finally see that a bird is sick, it is generally very sick.
I have always had good luck with PetSmart--I have a cockatiel who was hand-raised and is very loving, and two very nice and healthy parakeets. They also offer a 14-day guarantee, and they have all their birds checked by a vet.
their animals are well caredc for and come with a good health certificate
All the birds in our local petsmart look sick. Also they charge about 3 times what you can buy from a breeder for.

No comments:

Post a Comment