Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bird bath???

My Parakeet keeps drinking his bath water, and he hasn't gone in it yet. Can someone help me?
Answers:
Some birds have strange idea about baths.
All I can say is that if he wants to take a bath, he will.
If he does not, and you become concerned for his health, you can buy a product called "Bird Bath Spray". it allows you to give your bird a sanitary bath by simply misting him form the spray bottle.
DrsFosterSmith.com will have several brands.
Good luck.
Just get a spray bottle and mist him everyday. I've put a bowl of water in for my parrot to bathe in, he just pooped in it. Then one day, I saw him bathing in his drinking water. No rhyme or reason to them :)
If you just got the bird it might take him a little while to get used to everything and feel comfortable enough to bathe. My lovebirds took a good 2 months before they relaxed enough to take a full bath. (They had not had much human contact though so being taken from a cage in someones back room to the middle of my living room kind of freaked them out for awhile, now however they are happy for all the attention)

No comments:

Post a Comment