Friday, July 31, 2009

Cage Size???

My cage is 24 inches long,14 inches wide and,30 inches tall.For my next bird I would get one Cockitiel, or one Lovebird or two (maybe).Is my cage big enough for one or two Lovebirds, or one Cockitiel?
Answers:
It's big enoudh for one or two lovebirds, probably just one. The depth si too small for a tiel because tiels are 12 inches long, their tiel would get messed up. I'd just get one lovebird, because 2 will totally bond with each other rather than you. Which really isn't what you want. I'd buy one loveibrd and fll that cage with perches and toys!
The cage is not wide enough for those birds, a canary maybe, but when it comes to cage size-bigger is better, as long as the bar spacing is appropriate for that size bird ie. they can't get stuck in the bars or squeeze between them.
It's a little cramped but I'm sure a cockatiel or a lovebird would be happy with it IF they get a lot of outside time. Do not get two lovebirds though, they really make better pets alone. If you get two then they'll be aggresive towards you and it just won't work out..
Big enough for 2 lovebirds. Cockatiel needs a larger cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment