Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bird nest in my water softener?

I have a water softener outside. I notice there is a bird nest with baby eggs inside. I need to know is it safe to move.Where can I place it. I did not see the mother bird. This nest has to remove a.s.a.p. My water softener is not working.
thank you.
Answers:
Well by removing it you will be breaking the law. All native birds are protected byt the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Is the softner not working BECAUSE of the nest? Can you wait it out..until the baby birds leave the nest? If you move it the mother will not be able to find it. Also, you obviously need to make it so that a bird cannot get into it in the future so you do not continually have birds building nests there. You will have to block it off somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment