Friday, July 31, 2009

Breeding problem?

Just curious, I called my friend regarding her pigeons(see my profile for my pigeon questions) and for some reason the baby didn't make it due to her head being deformed. She was a backcross, as in her mother is a homing pigen/parlar roller mix and the father is a purebred parlor roller. A backcross is 50% of one breed and 75% of another.
She plans to breed the birds again but what could cause a backcross to have problems like this?
I'm not sure if it was because the father's genes might've been strong or something else.
Answers:
Its kind of random just as twins in humans ya know.
Ive done alot of work with pigeons working on a nesting farm.
It just happens somtimes, a long time ago like 1940's there was a virus on the farm that caused more deformation than usual.
I dont think She would have to worry about it happening again.
Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment