Friday, July 31, 2009

Budgie or cockatiel?

I want a budgie or a cockatiel which one is better?
Answers:
Get a cockatiel, it doesn't really matter what sex either. They are a very social breed, they just want to be with the ones they love! They're great singers too, especially if you get a male! They're very easy to train, and they are a great pet for beginner bird owners!
I wouldn't worry so much about biting like everyone else seems to be, it comes along with owning a bird. Yes, they can draw blood, but it's not like it's a life threatening injury. Birds let you know when they don't want to be fooled with, you should be able to tell its mood by its behaviors and how it postures.
I have one his name is Tom (like a male turkey, lol!) he's very sweet, he sings for my attention, when you pick him up he will set his head down so that you know he wants to be loved on!
Check out Animal Planet's website, you can get lots of info about the breed there, even tips on caring for and strange behaviors! =)
I like Budgie better!
Cockateil's are a lot smarter and prettier. My experience with Budgies is they seem to be a**holes.
it depends on how much time a day you have to spend to interact with the bird
budgies require about an hour a day
cockatiels require more.about 2 or more a day to be happy
they are both great birds
Cockatiels are a lot smarter and are easier to train.
I got a cockatiel and it is well cool. ALso budgies are little stupid things.
i have three parakeets and two cockatiels, but i would choose a cockatiel their have a great little character. and they are easy to train.
this is a question you need to ask yourself. Do you like budgies or cockatiels better? I personally like cockatiels. They are a great first bird and they are fairly easy to take care of. The males can learn to talk. They are usually very affectionate birds and forgiving. My experiences with parakeets haven't been the best. To me they aren't as smart. But, I am sure there are people out there that will disagree. Make your own choice. It really is just a matter of preference.
Cockatiels are smarter than a budgie and they are also very pretty, but they can bite alot harder than a budgie can.
I have two budgies and i love them! however, if y ou want a bird who will talk more and be more playful- probabl a tiel. but be prepared to spend a LOOOT of time with it! they need a lot of attention and love. and fyi- they can be a-holes too haha!!
i have both.. cockatiels probably because they lkie to be held more than the budgies. Cockatiels tend to bite less stronger then budies and they are more easily trained
budgie definatly! cokatails can bite harder because they're bigger. i have a budgie. they only bite if your hurting them. every cokatail ive met has tried to bite me!!
I'm sorry but for those of you who have been saying cockatiels bite more or harder should be ashamed for advising something false. That is one of the untruest things I've heard. Theyr'e both great birds but you can bond better with tiels, they have a greater color variation and whistiling paterns. theyre very social love humans and look to them more as roomates and friends rather than a master or owner
cocktail !!
to me it's Budgie Parakeets, I think cockatiels are just ugly and i think its the "mow hawk" on top of their head
for the people who say cockatiels come in a better variety of color, MUST never do research on Budgies, You can get a HUGE variety of colors, Anything from the normal Green, to Purple (YES PURPLE), to a Dark Grey that looks black, they've come in Pastel colors (multi light colors), many different shades of blue, there is just too many colors to name
MINE only bite if you turn them on their back, Mine aren't A holes they are very charming little creatures, and comical to watch play, they're not loud at all ( and I've got a Quaker parrot to compare them too) Mine learned to step up in 2 days of owning her ( my 2nd one one did it the very first day i brought him home from the pet store). I don't even have to say step up, I just put my finger under their belly and they step up! and budgies also have the ability to talk ( look up Talking budgies on You Tube there is a ton of videos)

No comments:

Post a Comment