Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blue and gold macaw??

I am getting a blue and gold macaw and ha loves gummy worms!Are they good for him?What will happen to him if he eats them?
Answers:
Gummy worms are fine for like maybe 1 a week or 2 but not on a dialy basis but u kno tht :)
No! Not good for him at all! No human c andy is good for him. Please dont feed him gummy worms, its common sense really.
it says they can't eat excessive sweets or chocolate if that dosen't awnser it thentry asking your vet or searching "blue and gold macaw care"
I wouldn't recommend feeding any kind of candy to your parrot. Here is a link to to some avian nutrition articles:
http://www.ittybittybirdiebites.com/ther...
Well you shouldn't give them sugar it isn't good for them.. But as a treat maybe once a month in a small portion would be ok... And I mean small .
Gummy worms are almost pure sugar. Some people will tell you that a bird must NEVER have sugar! They also say the same thing about people!
Our birds LOVE their treats, which include sugar treats, you just have to use moderation. Otherwise you will end up with a little volleyball with 3 inch wings! :-)
I would suggest saving the small pieces of gummy worms for special occasions or for training rewards.
YES, I know some will disagree with sugar in any form, but it has never hurt my birds when used as treats in addition to a good diet of fruits, veggies , pellets, and a small amount of seeds.
They will cause him to either get sick or get sick and die.
Birds are meat eaters but gummy worms are not really a worm.
If you feed a bird avacado it will die as well as if you feed it chocolate and other things.
Are you buying this bird? If I were you I would demand a vet check before I brought it home, the vet care for a bird like this is huge expensive and when you add emergency services you are looking at more than a thousand bucks easy!
Be careful you don't end up with another persons sick bird. If I were you I would educate this person on bird care and let them in a little secret about a bird, it's called a crop and the bird will die if it is filled with things like gummy worms.
you shouldn't have a bird if you don't know that sugar and salt are BAD for them. I feel very sorry for ANY bird that comes into your hands. DO RESEARCH before you get ANY PET!
what do ya THINK seriously I mean this is just common sense!! Just think for a sec...is candy good for humans NO is candy good for birds..well take a guess. And using my common sense I think you should hold back on getting a large parrotl until you do better research. I'm guessing your planning on feeding a seed diet to your bird as well. oh the horror of it.
You don't say what quantity gummy worms your Macaw eats. One of my concerns is if the bird is a diabetic. Yes, birds can develop diabetes just like people.
I'd suggest an avian vet visit to ensure the bird doesn't have fatty liver disease (nasty killer) or other hidden health issues since you're not sure if its' nutrition needs were met by the former owner.
I'm not gong to call you stuppid. If you are not sure its always good to ask. Anything with sugar or salt is very bad for your bird. All the bird books that I have seen have a section on foods to AVOID and situations to avoid. If you want to give your bird a treat there are several different types of treats that you can purchase in the bird section of pet stores. They are safe and you do not have to worry about wheather its ok or what will happen.... You really do not want to see what happens if the bird gets the wrong food.

No comments:

Post a Comment