Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Parakeets??

Two of my female parakeets had their very first clutch this year, all is going well with them raising their babies (knock on wood) but I was wondering - how old should my baby parakeets be before I start handling them, and when is the best time to wean them to begin hand taming?
My oldest on hatched on the 15 of July, and the youngest one of that clutch hatched on the 26th of July. The nest box is starting to get really crowded, and I'm hoping soon enough, my oldest one will venture out. Any other advice about raising baby parakeets? Thank you.
Answers:
You can handle them at any time. It is better to handle them for short periods several times a day, which is what you'd be doing if you were hand feeding. They become very tame this way.
http://en.allexperts.com/q/birds-general...

No comments:

Post a Comment