Monday, May 24, 2010

Do moth balls send birds away ar harm them?

I have a garden with a lot of finches in it, the problem is the neighbor's cat. I would like to know if I put moth balls down if it will hurt the birds or send them away.
Answers:
Moth balls are the ideal way to keep cats out of your garden,I use them with great success if you can get a muslin bag put the moth ball in hang it on a lower branch if you have trees or pin the bag to your fence you can also attach it to a cane as long as you place where the cat has to pass by and the birds can't peck at it..
mothballs are toxic so it would not be advisable, a safer bet would be ground black pepper like you find at the table,or sprinkle hot pepper flaks around the garden. a last resort would be useing amonia, I say last resort because for indoor birds it can be harmful but I am unsure of outside.
could be if the birds could see them but I never have

No comments:

Post a Comment