Monday, May 24, 2010

Do birds sneeze?


Answers:
Yes, but only when exposed to liserbasites and carolina-cooties
Yes they do. Continual sneezing should be investigated by a vet...
Yes, my budgie sneezes on occasion.
Yes my budgies sneeze as well put not very often. However if yours is continous you should contact a vet as it could be a cold.
Hope this helps!
Namek
birds do not sneeze they shriek in that place
Yes they do...Birds will occasionally sneeze after scratching their nostrils. This is normal. However, birds that sneeze during inactivity often have a sinus infection or vitamin A deficiency.
And should be taken to thier vet immediately...
My hens sneeze a lot. The first time that they did, it scared the crap out of me! But then over time, it was really cute. But yeah, birds sneeze. :-)
Yes they sneeze! They sneeze to remove dust and debree from their nares and sometimes they even induce a sneeze with their claw to get something out. Dry air can also cause sneezing. But if at any point their is any mucus when the bird sneezes then your bird needs to see an avian vet ASAP!
Yes, birds do sneeze.. Usually when they stretch their wings and their feet together, they'll sound like they're sneezing, but this is actually just them clearing out their nares, which is oddly enough different than a sneeze and usually more common. If they sneeze repeatedly in one sitting and do this regularly throughout the day then they should be taken to the vet because its probably respiritory related and they are very sensitive in that department.
Yes they do because they get tickles in their noses too. If, however, the sneezing is continual or the bird seems to have a runny nose, you should take it to an avian veterinarian for a checkup.
I have allergies and am always sneezing (especially while I'm cleaning bird cages) and one of my cockatiels (Angel) learned to sneeze right along with me. Each time he would hear me start to sneeze he would join me and end with "a-CHOOO" with lots of emphasis on the "CHOO" part. It was so funny that I would fake a sneeze for my friends just so they could hear him sneeze! Sadly, Angel is no longer with me but he was one funny bird.
Yes they do, A cute story.a hen was on the nest and I pulled her off she squaked and complained the rooster was going to come over and protect her, but he had just had a bite of feed and had the sneezes from it and could not come over to fight me he just stood there sneezing while I laughed about it.
Yep. On occasion, my cockatiel will sneeze in my face and I can even feel the snot. Gross.
Yes! It's so sweet! They yawn as well. Everything gets something in its nose once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment