Monday, May 24, 2010

Do indian ringnecks make gr8 pets??

I am looking at getting an indianringneck but some people said the ringnecks don't make a gr8 pets.I have a conure and they will not share a cage.my thoughts are can a conure and ringneck exist in the same house not the same cage...they will get love equals amount but won't be out at the same time... any thoughts.
Answers:
John said it best.Please do your research before getting this bird.They are great talkers but in my opinion they are not a beginner bird .I had to rehome my female ringneck as she kept trying to kill my cockatiels. Females tend to be more agressive than males.Thats not to say you shouldnt get one but be forwarned and do your homework first. I placed mine in a wonderful home with another ringneck and they get along great. Good luck!
These are lovely birds. They seem to be closer to the wildl than other parrots so must be handled daily or they will quickly become fearful and hesitant. A bird is as good a pet as the owner is. If you have enough love and time to care for 2 birds, you will be fine.
I have an indian ringneck. Be warned they are extremely loud birds. I've read that they can be some of the most difficult birds to tame. My bird was a rescue and she was abused by her former owners and it's taken me a long time to reestablish trust in people. I've had her for a year now. I still have some problems with her but we are slowly making progress. I have a love bird and a cockatiel also. All the birds are housed separately. The lovebird and the ringneck love each other and kiss and act very affectionate towards each other when I let them out together. It's actually pretty funny to watch them. Neither one fo them like the cockatiel though and I have to take her out separately from the other birds. I have a friend that has a ringneck and she's tame but she only likes him. She won't let anyone else handle her. Ringnecks from my experience take a lot of patience and daily work. Any way hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment