Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can parakeets talk??

i have two parakeets and was wondering if they could talk like parots can!
Answers:
Yes they can, but to be successful you need a single male bird.Two parakeets together will chatter to each other.A single male, three/four months of age is ideal...
I have 2 parakeets too, and I was wondering the same thing. I tried teaching them, but no luck so far.
it depends on how good of a trainer it is so u should look up parakeet trainers
Parakeets can be taught to say simple things but it takes a lot of time and a lot of patience. My mom raised Parakeets aanf it could take her weeks to get one to say the first words. They will never have the Vocabulary like a Parrot but they can be taught to say some simple things.
Parakeets can indeed talk the way parrots can. However, when you have two of the, they are less likely to talk "human" talk than parakeet chatter, since they spend a lot more time with each other (and listening to each other) than to us. If you want parakeets to talk, you almost have to seperate them, and that's probably not something you want to do.
Yes they can
Yes they can. I used to have a parakeet named Polly and we taught her to say "I love you", "Pretty bird", "Gimme food!"
So yes they can talk, but you must be patient because he/she will not learn right away.
Yes they can be taught to talk. My grandma had a budgie and it would call everyone in the family out by their name. Some people have the bird's tongue split this aids in the talking.
Parakeets or Budgies? Yes, both species can and do talk.
I have had some great talking Budgies, but a friend has one that out talks mine and our greys!! His name say's it all;giggles. LOL
They don't talk as loud of course - -like the amazon I have is now wanting me to go to her; MOM! Mom come get me. Oh Sammy what and on %26 on.LOL
You do have to teach them to talk to get them started.
I had one, when I was little, that could say a few words (his name, pretty bird, and my name). I don't think they can have as extensive a vocabulary as parrots and they don't "speak" as clearly.
yes they can
they can but it takes a lot of repetitive practice.
We had two parakeets when I was young.
They were given to us by an uncle.
We started hearing," Dammit " in the middle of the night.
It took a while to find out where it was comiing from.
Nobody had ever tried to teach them to talk, apparently they just picked it up from my Uncle.
i heard on tv once that you can, but you have to work on it and start from the time they're babies
no itz impossible if it could of it would cost alot like larger parrots...

No comments:

Post a Comment