Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can budgies have a bit of yogurt?

If i put it on a spoon and give it to them is that okay or they cant eat it? I heard they cant have dairy or any of those kind of products.
Answers:
A bit of plain or vanilla yogurt will be good for your bird. I'd suggest just enough to go about 1/4" up the tip of a spoon so it doesn't over-feed on the yogurt. Don't give your budgies yogurt with fruit as the fruit will in all likelihood be in pieces too big for the birds to handle.
I have given my budgies milk, chicken soup, scrambled eggs with milk, rice krispies, fruit loops etc for the past two years and they are healthy. I have never heard of any problem with dairy products-just with avocado, chocolate, alcohol and too much fat or sugar. So I would think it's okay to give your budgies a taste of your yogurt-my mom raised budgies for decades and gave them people food sometimes too :-) btw they may be scared of the spoon-mine like when their stuff is put into a plastic ice cube tray-I'm not sure why.
Yes, its fine to give them yogurt, but it must be un-sweetened
They should be able to tolerate some dairy if they like it. My birds love cheese , especially with pasta.
Just don't go overboard with it.
yes
A little bit of dairy is actually good for them. But just a little! Too much will cause problems
If you heard they cannot have dairy or anything like it WHY are you taking a chance to kill them??

No comments:

Post a Comment