Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can diseases be contained in domesticated birds (parakeets)?

someone told me that some bad diseases can be inside of birds..she didn't say specifically..like if they were from domesticated birds, but they said it could irritate your skin, making it hurt, and your skin could be slowly rotting. i want to know if its true. my parents want to return my parakeets because of that reason, but i've been with them for practically 7 years. i don't want to let them go. i don't think its inside of domesticated pets, and in wild birds...but just in case i needed to know. i need to persuade them that my birds are fine.
Answers:
I have never heard of anything like that, and I have known people who ahve owned birds for 40 YEARS and never had anything like that. It could possibly be in wild birds..but domesticated birds I don't think so. If you are really really really concerned call an avian vet and ask if there is anthing that can do that and if it is common in domesticated birds like budgies, etc. It's jsut a call, and I am sure he'll tell you you have nothing to worry about. But if your parents need proff just call an avian vet.
Don't believe everything you hear.
No, this is not true. Other wise so many of us would NOT keep birds in our homes and lives.
I've heard that you can catch a disease if you dont clean the cage once a week. I had parakeets for about 4 years %26 then they died :/ i wish i treated them better, taking care of them %26 all, so just keep em' sanitary :]

No comments:

Post a Comment