Thursday, May 7, 2009

A parrot ..?

I've decided I want to start out smaller. One that prefers one person over another but isn't mean to others. One that LOVES to cuddle and do tricks and has some vocabulary such as, 'I love you', 'my name', 'his.her name' and can whistle tunes. Any bird with such a description?
Answers:
You just described Green Cheeked Conures or Marron Bellied Conures !!.They are small,they can talk,they are cuddly,smart ,and playful. They are good at learnikng tricks too!!They are perfect!! They live about 40 years if fed a well rounded diet of fruits,veggies,seed,pellets,an... egg foods.Remeber this is a vital tip for conures. Conures are VERY prone to getting blood clots. Thats why they really need their vitamin K. Vitamin K is found in dark leafy greens. Dark Leafy Green Should probobly make up at least 50% of your conure's veggies. Green Cheeks arnt picky.
They are soooo cute.
http://www.birdchannel.com/bird-species/...

I must add there great begginer birds too.
Maybe a parrotlet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/parrotlet...
http://www.forpus.com/rightforyou.htm...
yup in no where
probably a cokatiel or a parakeet.parakeets are smaller parrot sweet and loving.they can learn to talk and whistle.that is very difficult though.coaktiels though are a little bigger though and some can be grumpy and bossy.(like mine) he whistles and talks.most of the time he is sweet though.
How about a senegal they are beautiful active and smart.. They will learn to say some words and won't be as taxing on your time as a larger parrot would.. I am glad to see that you have actually listened to what ppl have said good for you.. Look around see what you like a hahn's mini macaw is a really cool bird Hahn's mini macaws are about 12 inches in length, half of that being their long tail, and weigh around 165 grams. good luck ...
I would try a conure. There are many types though so you would have a big choice. There are green cheeks, cinnamon green cheeks, maroon bellies, yellow sided, sun conures, red fronted conures. The different breeds are endless. Just go to your local bird store but make sure that it is reputable. Then spend time one and see which breed would be best for you. All birds have different personalites and you sould need one that matches your personality. Good luck.
Conures...no doubt. I'd start with a smaller..quieter conure like the green cheek. I don't know if they are exactly..one person birds but it isn't really something you want. they are hard to introduce to new poeple once they get older and many can be quite mean to others so I mean it isn't exactly what you want in a bird. But conures do tend to have strong bonds with their owners. I know this because my conure is very bonded with me. She won't let me leave her anywhere. lol Well sometimes but she'd prefer to cuddle and be with me..very cool actually. http://loneeagleaviarys.com/green%20chee... That gives some info on prices, mutations, and some facts about green cheeks. It's a breeder in VA, if you live there lol. I'd recommend a green cheek, as your best choice because they aren't as loud. Perhaps a black capped? I have a gold capped,(not really for beginners because of noise) And she is very sweet. Most conures are! Look into peach fronts, black caps, and green cheeks especially you won't be dissapointed!
you have asked a very open question. you have a lage assortment to chose from includeing budgies/parakeets, cockateils,parroletts,quakers, love birds,some of the smaller conures and even lionated parakeets. I would say do some research talk to people who own them. as for tricks and vocabulary it takes patiance and time to develop those two things.
I would look at either the green cheek conure or the quaker. I have 3 quakers, they are smallish (my blue one is actually tiny). They are all snuggle bugs, they are more bonded with me- but they will let other people hold them. They talk really well and very clear. Quakers are great first birds. You have to check and make sure they are legal in your state though. www.quakerparrots.com and www.quakerville.com should have a list of states that they are not legal in.
These little guys are extremely intelligent, easy to handle and easy to train (also like the green-cheek). They love to play, love to talk, and they have amazing personalities. Good-luck with your decision!!

No comments:

Post a Comment