Thursday, May 7, 2009

About how much do parrotlets cost at Petco?


Answers:
Do a search locally and try for a hand raised chick.
I have parrolets and they are extremely hard to socialize and tame.
It took me a year to get one to perch on my finger. Then the other 2 did it immediately afterwards.
They are still not TAME even after almost 3 years. I work with them everyday.
Beautiful and fun to have but difficult for interaction---more like a lovebird (no hand raised).
A conure is a better choice if you want a bird to %26quot;play%26quot; and learn tricks. Of course they are loud.
for those little suckers - a fortune
there arent any parrotlets at petco. besides. petco abuses their animals.
i don't think you can buy them at petco, but there normally like 200$ i think
They're expensive and they're nearly always paired and never tame.
Petco has an amazing reputation where I live (Tallahassee) with one of our local avian vets because they're one of the few shops that actually bring their new birds in for quarantine and vaccination against disease, take injured birds in for treatment, and are genuinely interested in the health of their birds.
That being said - they could care less about how tame their birds are - and most of the employees I've dealt with are veritable idiots when it comes to avian knowledge.
I don't know about parrotlets, but I got my budgie there for around 75$

No comments:

Post a Comment